Angeles University Foundation
Angeles University Foundation, a non-stock, non-profit educational institution, was established on May 25, 1962 by Mr. Agustin P. Angeles, Dr. Barbara Y. Angeles, and family. In less than nine years, the Institution was granted University status on April 16, 1971 by the Department of Education, Culture and Sports.
On December 4, 1975, the University was converted to a non-stock, non-profit educational foundation -- the Angeles couple and their children executed a Deed of Donation relinquishing their ownership. AUF was incorporated under Republic Act No. 6055, otherwise known as the Foundation Law, and became a tax-exempt institution approved by the Philippine government. All donations and bequests given to the AUF are tax deductible.
On February 14, 1978, AUF was converted to a Catholic University. As the first Catholic university in Central Luzon, AUF ensures not only professional success but total development which is anchored on Christian education that is holistic, integrated and formative. On February 20, 1990, the five-storey, 125-bed AUF Medical Center was inaugurated which now serves as a private teaching, training and research hospital, the first ever in Central Luzon.AUF is a world-class higher education institution committed to excellence in instruction, research and community service. It is the premier university in the region and is among the best universities in the Philippines. It has among the highest percentages of faculty with graduate degrees in the Philippines. These qualifications are the foundation for its quality instruction and research, evidenced by:
- Institutional Accreditation by the Federation of Accrediting Associations of the Philippines (FAAP)
- Accreditation by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU)
- ISO 9001-2008 Certification by TUV-SUD
- Institutional Quality Assurance Monitoring and Evaluation (IQUAME) certification from the Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
- Autonomous Status since 2003
- Certification from the Canadian Council of Engineering Technicians and Technologists. AUF is the only university in Pampanga given the "Technologist" certification for its programs in Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Electronics, and Communication Engineering programs, and "Technician (+)" certification for its BS Information Technology and BS Biology programs
- Center of Excellence in Information Technology Education
- Center of Excellence in Teacher Education
- Center of Development in Nursing Education
- Center of Development for Computer Engineering
AUF graduates have the highest weighted average passing rate in government administered licensure examinations in the region, and among the highest passing rates in the country. AUF offers relevant academic programs responsive to the demands of the local and global markets. This quality education is accessible to ALL --- a philosophy institutionalized through various scholarships and grants.