Assiniboine Community College
Assiniboine Community College first opened its doors in February 1961 as the Brandon Vocational Training Centre. Shops and classrooms were located in several buildings throughout the city. The centre was soon renamed to Manitoba Vocational Training Centre and in 1966 students moved into a new building at 1430 Victoria Avenue East.
In December 1969 the centre became Assiniboine Community College (ACC) when Manitoba’s three technical vocational schools were made community colleges.When the vocational centre opened in 1961, it had a staff of four and offered two courses to 24 students. By 1966 it had grown to a staff of 24 and offered 11 programs to 300 students. Today, the college offers more than 40 certificate, diploma, advanced diploma, and apprenticeship programs to over 2,800 full-time students. Numerous off-campus, part-time and evening programs contribute to an annual enrolment of over 11,000.
The college offers practical nursing training at campuses in Brandon and Winnipeg, as well as rural rotating sites throughout the province.The college’s Adult Collegiate in Brandon delivers a Mature Student High School program and English language courses. ACC’s Parkland Campus in Dauphin offers severalfull-time day programs, Mature Student High School and continuing studies courses. The Russell Training Centre and other sites throughout southwestern Manitoba offer a wide range of continuing studies and contract training courses.
In September of 2007, ACC began to develop a new campus at the former Brandon Mental Health Centre site on the north hill in Brandon. Culinary Arts and Hotel and Restaurant Management programs moved to their new home inside the Manitoba Institute of Culinary Arts. The college continued its relocation with the opening of the Lens Evans Centre for Trades and Technology in September 2010. The college’s sustainable greenhouse opened in the spring of 2013 and is home to applied research as well as the Horticultural Production and Sustainable Food Systems programs.
ACC has three campuses in Brandon, Manitoba. Currently, two-thirds of the college's students body in Brandon study at the Victoria Avenue East Campus, located at 1430 Victoria Avenue East. The college also runs an Adult Collegiate located in downtown Brandon, which came into operation in the fall of 1995 and offers adult upgrading for various senior high school courses. The college's North Hill Campus in Brandon is the location of the former Brandon Mental Health Centre. This location is home to the Manitoba Institute of Culinary Arts, the Len Evans Centre for Trades and Technology and the college's Sustainable Greenhouse.
ACC's Parkland Campus is located in Dauphin and offers several full-time day programs and a range of evening and off-campus courses. ACC's Winnipeg Campus is located
in Winnipeg, Manitoba and offers the Practical Nursing program and continuing studies courses. The college's Russell Training Centre is located in Russell, Manitoba and offers continuing studies and contract programs and courses.
1430 Victoria Avenue ,East, Brandon
Manitoba,Canada R7a 2a9