Founded in 1884, Bangor University has a long tradition of academic excellence and a strong focus on the student experience. Around 10,000 students currently study at the University, with teaching staff based within fourteen Academic Schools.Bangor University is ranked in the top 40 in the UK for research*, according to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014. The REF recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor’s research is either world-leading or internationally excellent, ahead of the average for UK universities.
The university campus stretches in vast parameters in Bangor. Additionally, a share of the School of Healthcare Sciences dwells in Wrexham. The campus is easily accessible and connects to London, Manchester, Crewe, and Cardiff via a direct train. One can reach the campus by taking a bus or a ferry too. It offers many student-friendly amenities to the students, including sports facilities, learning facilities, libraries, and accommodations. The residence facility offered by the university consists of conveniences such as lounges, studios, kitchens and fitness rooms. The Commercial Services Department of the university takes care of the catering, campus shops, event organization and food, and drinks outlets.
In the academic year of 2017-2018, the university had a total student enrolment of 11156. This number includes 7055 full-time undergraduates and 481 part-time undergraduates. In addition to that, there were 924 full-time postgraduates and 761 part-time postgraduates enrolled with the university for the same year. In 2017, 43% of the full-time academic staff was involved in teaching and research work. Bangor University offers a plethora of national and international scholarship opportunities to the students to assist them with their financials. Some of the scholarships that students can apply for include the Country Scholarship, the Bangor International Scholarship, the Sports Scholarships, and the Bangor Bursary.
Bangor University has worked tirelessly to produce the finest talents in the world. Many of the alumni of this university are leading noteworthy careers. Some of them are film director Danny Boyle, actress Frances Barber, renowned chemist Colin Eaborn, musician Bill Fay, writer Tony Gillam, producer Tim Haines, actor John Ogwen and poet R.S. Thomas. Famous physician Herbert Wilson, who is known for his contribution to the DNA structure research, also graduated from this university.
Browse by Courses
- Masters courses ,Bachelors courses ,Engineering courses ,Computers courses ,Science courses ,Humanities courses ,Business courses ,BSc ,BBA ,MBA ,MS ,BE/Btech ,MIM ,MFin
- The University currently has around 3,000 rooms available on three different sites all within walking distance from the campus.
- Accommodation is guaranteed to all international students
- There are a variety of halls available including, standard rooms, en-suite rooms, studios and they range in price between £80 - £189 per week.
- Some of the facilities provided include free wi-fi access, free gym membership, free campus life activities, laundry facilities, sports facilities and shop, cafe/bar, hall wardens and security with 24-hour assistance.
- Price given below indicates only on-campus accommodation for graduate students.