The Russian Universities, traditionally occupy leading position in the world. Many of the medical Universities find a place in the World Health Organization (WHO)’s “Directory of World Medical Schools”. This listing make a student graduating from such University eligible to appear for many of the screening tests like the USMLE, PLAB and also the newly introduced “Screening examination” conducted by the National Board Of Examinations, India, under the directive of the Medical Council of India.
- Full Name :Russian Federation
- Population :142.5 million (UN, 2007)
- Capital : Moscow
- Area : 17,075,400 km²
- Major language : Russian
- Major religions : Christianity, Islam, Buddism, Judaism
- Life expectancy : 59 years (men), 73 years (women)
- Monetary unit : 1 rouble = 100 kopecks
- International dialing code : +7
Why Russia ?
- Education in Russia has always been seen as one of the best in the whole of Europe. Russia has always been ahead in the field of education and more specifically medicine and engineering.
- Studying in Russia in cheap, compared to most parts of Europe. Living cost is also very affordable.
- International Students in Russia are sure going to enjoy the multicultural environment. There are thousands of students from other countries studying in Russia.
- Universities in Romania do not require IELTS or TOEFL as an entrance Examination. You are accepted as long as you have the basic requirements from your home country.
- Accommodation in Russia is very comfortable and most of them are on-campus.
Russian Education System
There are two types of educational programs in the Russian Federation:
- general education
- professional education
General education comprises:
- Pre-school education
- Primary general education
- Basic general (lower secondary) education
- Secondary general (upper secondary) education
Professional education also comprises four levels:
- Vocational education, including short cycle tertiary education
- First cycle university education: Bakalavriat (Bakalavr degree) programs
- Second cycle university education: Specialitet and Magistratura (Specialist and Magistr degree) programs
- The highest qualification cadres training: Candidate Nauk (PhD) and Doktor Nauk (Higher Doctorate) programs