Malta is a Southern European island nation in the Mediterranean, off the coast of Sicily (Italy) and close to Tunisia and Libya. The small country is home to a population of roughly 440,000 people.
Malta belonged to the British empire from 1814 from 1964. During that time, the British imposed the use of English as an official language. And it still is, alongside Maltese: Roughly 90% of the population speak English, and Malta is a popular destination for students seeking English language courses.
5 Reasons Why You Should Study Abroad in Malta
1. The University of Malta is one of the world’s oldest and most respected institutes of learning
2. Malta is a wonderful study abroad destination for students who are more comfortable in English-speaking regions
3. The weather, culture and cuisine are extraordinary
4. Malta is a mecca for outdoor activities
5. Malta is one of the safest countries in the world