Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technolology
MITT offers an innovative approach to vocational education. As the province’s newest public college, MITT is transforming technical career education through comprehensive, integrated, secondary, post-secondary, and adult education. MITT plays a fundamental role in the education system; working proactively with industry to develop and provide relevant training. This training leads career-focused students directly to employment, or on to higher education. In 2015-16, MITT welcomed over 6300 full and part time students in a variety of program streams, which include corporate and continuing education and English language training along with post-secondary and secondary programs. With more than 40 programs in areas such as Health and Human Services, Business, Information Technology, and Skilled Trades, MITT offers options for students at all stages of their education and employment.
MITT provides certificate, post-graduate, and diploma-level technical training for career-oriented post-secondary and secondary students in four clusters of specialization: business and information technology, health care, human services, and skilled trades.A hallmark of MITT’s approach is its deep collaboration with industry. Together, they identify skills gaps—both technical and soft—develop curriculum to meet them, and create work practicum opportunities that help students build connections with prospective employers while they learn.The learning environment at MITT supports students’ academic, professional, and personal success: industry veteran instructors teach, mentor, and serve as industry connection points; and teams of staff ensure the campus community is safe and inviting and that students have access to the information and resources they need to excel in their programs and successfully bridge from the classroom to a career.
MITT is a leading provider of continuing education opportunities through its Lifelong Learning Institute, and offers several unique pathway programs for adult and language learners, including: MITT YouthBuild, the English Language Institute, ESL for qualifying newcomers to Canada, one of Manitoba’s largest Adult Learning Centre networks.
- 94% of students were satisfied with their overall MITT experience.
- 95% of students felt staff cared about their success.
- Over 50% of MITT graduates have no student debt.
- Recent significant investments have resulted in new programs and facilities, including a new Heavy Equipment Operator program and a state of the art Graphic and Print Technician lab.
- Nearly 90% of graduates found full-time employment in their field of studies within six months.
- Graphic & Print Technician
- Heavy Equipment Operator Certificate
- Network & Computer Technology
- Pharmacy Technician
- Post Graduate Certificate in International Busins