Niagara College Canada
Niagara College is one of Ontario’s 24 colleges of applied arts and technology established under the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. Since opening its doors in 1967 in Welland, Ontario and expanding across the Niagara region and internationally, Niagara College has grown to become a leader in applied education. Areas of specialization include advanced technology, applied health, community safety, media, food and beverage sciences, business, hospitality and tourism, and environment and horticulture, which are supported by unique learning enterprises in food, wine, beer, horticulture, dental, esthetics and hairstyling.
Niagara College is recognized as a leader in student satisfaction, consistently ranking among the top colleges in Ontario according to provincial surveys. These surveys also show that Niagara College graduates get jobs and that employers are very satisfied with the graduates they hire. In 2014, more than 87% of NC grads were hired within six months of graduation, and 89% of employers said they were happy with the NC grad they hired. At Niagara College, more than 10,000 full-time students study in over 100 diploma, graduate certificate, apprenticeship, and Bachelor’s Degree programs. Niagara College also welcomes 9,000 Continuing Education registrants each year who study in 1,300+ credit, vocational and general interest programs.
- 100+ Certificate, Diploma, Apprenticeship and Bachelor’s Degree programs
- 1,300+ credit, vocational and general interest courses
- Canada’s first teaching winery: 40-acre teaching vineyard
- Canada’s first Teaching Brewery
- $400,000 available to students in scholarships
- $2,000,000+ in stipends available to employers hiring NC grads
- $5,950,000 in capital budget allocated to enhance student life and services
- 1,050+ students from more than 50 programs engage annually in co-op, internship, learning enterprise, apprenticeship and field placements
- 1,800+ students from more than 44 programs participate annually in applied research projects 15+ years of assisting non-profit organizations through our student-driven Many Hands Project