The Philippines, also known as the Republic of Philippines is situated in Southeast Asia in the Western Pacific Ocean. Its capital, Manila, is famous for its waterfront and centuries-old Chinatown. Philippines was a colony of USA for around 50 years and thus the country follows the American system of education.
Philippines is a founding member of the United Nations, World Trade Organization, Association of Southeast Asian Nations, the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum, and the East Asia Summit. The country also hosts the headquarters of the Asian Development Bank. The Philippines has shown a great transition in economy from agriculture to the one with services and manufacturing. In addition to membership in the United Nations, the Philippines is also a founding and active member of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations).
Currency: Philippine peso
MBBS In Philippines
The medical course in Philippines is called the MD program [Doctor of medicine]. The MD program is equivalent to MBBS of UK, India, Pakistan and other Commonwealth countries. This degree comprises of medical theory, practicals and clinical rotation giving a better exposure to the students. The degrees obtained from medical universities in Philippines are recognized by World Health Organization and Medical Council of India.
Philippines is one the countries known for providing a quality education in medicine like MBBS, MD etc. The higher level of practical sessions and experienced teaching staff in Medical colleges of Philippines has gained significant popularity around the world. The infrastructure of the medical universities, the curriculum and atmosphere in the colleges of Philippines makes it a preferred location of education for international students. The cost of the complete MBBS course in Philippines is much lower as compared to other countries.
The medical universities are approved by the Medical Council of India(MCI) and WHO. The medium of teaching is English which breaks the major barrier of communication for international students. The calculations say that the students who have completed MBBS, MD courses from Philippines are known to have 100% success rate, in the region under USMLE.
Top Universities for MBBS Study in Philippines
AMA School of Medicine
University of Perpetual Help
Angeles University Foundation
Our Lady of Fatima University
Emilio Aguinaldo College of Medicine
Bicol Christian College of Medicine
Medical School Foundation
Davao Medical School Foundation
Benefits of MBBS in Philippines
Every year, almost 8000 foreign students take admission in Philippines Medical universities and out of which around 50% are Indian students. The standard of education in Philippines universities is well known around the world. Thousands of doctors from these medical universities are sent to various countries like USA and UK every year. There are around 2299 higher educational institutions and 40 medical colleges. The main benefits of pursuing MD degree from Philippines universities are:
1. The Medical universities of Philippines are listed in WHO(World Health Organization) and MCI (Medical Council of India). This makes the students eligible for leading international medical exams such as USMLE and MCI for clinical practice in other countries.
2. The medium of Instruction is English which helps international students to easily adapt and avoids the learning curve of an additional language.
3. The cost of complete MBBS course is quite affordable and there is no donation fee in many Philippines Medical Colleges. Tuition fees range from 15 to 25 Lakhs Indian Rupees based on the ranking of the medical college.
4. The cost of living is very low thus helping the international students to afford the expenses easily.
5. The medical institutes allow students to practically diagnose patients which improves their confidence and provides them with better practical knowledge.