Russia is the largest country in the world, covering over six million miles of land. Russia covers all of northern Asia and spans nine different time zones. With its tremendous size comes a wide collection of inhabitants, as the country is home to around 200 ethnic groups which speak an estimated 100 languages in total. As a result, Russia is an extraordinarily diverse country, filled to the brim with varying traditions and cultures. Studying in Russia is a popular choice for international students with a wide variety of interests, be they literature, art, history, or Russian language studies. International students in Russia will receive a high quality education in a culturally diverse environment.
Education in Russia is most renowned for its achievements within the fields of science and research at the post-secondary level. The country's extensive influence on the said discipline is so great that an estimated one quarter of the total scientific literature in the world is written in Russian.
- Country name- Russian Federation
- Capital- Moscow
- Nature of Government- Federation and semi-presidential republic
- Main cities- Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Yekaterinburg, Novosibirsk
- Official Language- Russian
- Currency- Russian ruble
WHY STUDY IN RUSSIA
- International programs accredited by International recognized boards
- Professional and attentive instructors
- Great experience of International students training
- Comfortable accommodation on campus
- Multicultural and student-centered environment
- Explore the world’s largest country with over 9 time zones
- Developing economy
- Comparatively simple visa procedures
- Offers great social life for international students
- Low Tuition fee
THE EDUCATION SYSTEM IN RUSSIA
The education system in Russia is heavily structured around the central European system. Aside from a few minor differences, the system is divided into four main divisions – primary, secondary, higher and postgraduate education. It takes 11 years to complete a secondary education Russia, with years one to nine considered as a requirement. After successfully finishing their ninth year, students will receive a certificate of Basic General Education with the option of pursuing two more years of secondary education.
After finishing these two additional years, a Certificate of Complete Secondary Education will then be awarded. This certificate serves as proof that the student is eligible to take up their higher education. On the other hand, those who would prefer to be employed as soon as possible have the option of pursuing a three year associate degree at a tradesman school instead.