College of New Caledonia (CNC)
The College of New Caledonia has served the needs of students in B.C.’s Central Interior since 1969—and with the inclusion of the B.C. Vocational School, since 1962. The College region is approximately 117,500 sq. km. (or 12% of the province), with a population today exceeding 148,000. The region encompasses three school districts: 28 Quesnel, #57 Prince George, and 91 Nechako Lakes. The College offers a full range of Career, Technical, Vocational, and University Credit programming. Average annual enrollment is approximately 5,000 students.
In January 1969, the College was established on an “operating funds only” basis, with financial assistance from participating school districts and using leased facilities at the Prince George Senior Secondary School. Over the summer, faculty were hired to teach courses in the first programs to be offered at CNC.
Browse by Courses
- Marketing & Management Diploma
- Accounting and Finance Diploma
- Medical Radiography Technology Diploma
- Dental Hygiene Diploma
On campus accommodationAvailable
- The College of New Caledonia offers on-campus accommodation through the College of New Caledonia Student Residence.
- The Residence offers 92 private and comfortable rooms and common lounge areas on each of the two floors.
- Students are provided with the option of Standard Single Room with a shared bathroom, Large Single Room with a shared bathroom, Single Room with a private bathroom and Trades Room.
CNC has been an integral part of post secondary education in northern B.C. since 1969. We take pride in being connected to the diverse people and communities we serve. Our six community campuses offer educational opportunities to a service area spanning 117,500 square kilometers. They are Prince George,Burns Lake,Fort St. James,Mackenzie,Quesnel,,Vanderhoof.