Davao Medical School Foundation Inc
The Davao Medical School Foundation, Inc. (DMSFI) was established in July 1976 in response to the recognition of the lack of doctors serving rural communities and lack of specialist in urban centers of Mindanao. Its College of Medicine was thus the first such college to be set up in Mindanao and is dedicated to providing medical education and training of the highest order, leading to the provision of effective medical care in both rural and urban communities.
In addition to the college of medicine, College of Dentistry, an Institute of Primary Health Care (IPHC) and a Center for Education, Research and Development in Health (CERDH) is also available at DMSF. Furthermore, the students of DMSF are affiliated to most of the top universities in the Philippines. The college is operated by a group of members called consortium which also maintains other colleges in Philippines.
The school is located on a 2.5 hectare site close to the center of Davao City, which boasts of a stable climate, both in terms of its weather and its politics. There are five universities within the boundaries of the City as well as several schools and colleges. Students are affiliated to the Davao Medical Center, the Davao Doctors Hospitals , San Pedro Hospital and Brokenshire Memorial Hospital for their clinical rotations in the third and fourth years of their courses.There are some 125 Faculty members drawn from a wide range of medical specialties and the total student population of all four years of students is usually around 10,058.Mission
- Provide humane and integral health sciences education and services with emphasis on primary health care in the complementation of instruction, research, patient, community health care and community engagement.
- Keep at pace with global developments in health sciences education and health care services.
- Forge strong partnership and networks with consortium members and other stakeholders in the areas of health and community development.
- Develop and nurture God-centered, competent, compassionate, ethical and socially responsive graduates, faculty, staff and health care providers.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology(BS)
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
- The Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)
- Master in Health Professionals Education(MHPEd)
- Master In Community Health(MCH)
- Master in Participatory Development(MPD)
- Bachelor of Science in Midwifery
Requirements for Scholarships
- The scholarship committee should accept the students request for the scholarship program. For first-year students, the aspirant must have an average of 85 or better in their BS Degree. To maintain or renew the scholarship,
- Full scholars: an average of 82 or better without a grade less than 78 in any subject.
- Partial scholars: an average of 80 or better with NO grade below 75 in any subject.
- All the students who are applying for scholarships will be reevaluated yearly. Based on their academic performance or their financial needs, the scholarship committee may upgrade it from partial to full or downgrade from full to partial, or even discontinue the scholarship grant.