David Tvildiani Medical University
“AIETI” Medical School is a branch of David Tvildiani Medical University. Its mission is to provide scientifically-oriented Higher Medical Education based on the best International experience.AIETI Medical School is the first non-governmental highest educational Medical Institution in Georgia established by Academician David Tvildiani and Dr. Dimitri Tvildiani in 1989.
After developing Residency, PHD and Doctorate programs and adding the Nursing School, AIETI Medical School has been upgraded by the National Authorization Council to the status of an University and from 2011 is named after its founder and the first rector as “David Tvildiani Medical University”.
AIETI Medical School Has been recognized by the WHO (World Health Organization) and listed in “ World Directory of Medical Schools” in 1995. Shortly after that, it’s diploma hasbeen verified and authorized by the Medical Examination Committees of the USA, different countries of Europe and Asia.DAVID TVILDIANI, MD; PhD; Academician of the Georgian Academy of Sciences; Honored Scientist of Georgia; Founder of Electro Cardiology in Georgia; Founder of the Scientific and Practical Center of Heliomagnetic Cardiology 1929-2010.
Academician David Tvildiani - outstanding Georgian cardiologist, great educator, consummate master of medical art - was a bright representative of Georgian Medical Society, distinguishably combining in himself personal greatness, perfect professionalism in medical field and incomparable teaching talent, creating his era in Georgian Medicine. David Tvildiani initiated and founded a new direction in Medicine – Heliomagnetic Cardiology. He was first and permanent Rector of “AIETI” Medical School until the last days of his life.Over 200 graduates of DTMU have successfully passed the qualifying exams and have already completed or are currently enrolled in residency or other proficiency courses, working as physicians in prominent USA and European Universities and Clinics.
The absolute majority of our graduates have been employed in the professional field, while many more successfully passed the international exams (USMLE, PLAB, MCI) and are currently developing their skills at clinics and research centers of the USA, Germany, Britain, Sweden and other countries. A number of the graduates have returned to the School as proficient teachers. Many have earned their PhD degree.
Providing higher education based on science and the best international experience in medicine.
- Continuous improvement of teaching, learning, research and management quality;
- Realization of the abilities of the students and academic personnel;
- Facilitate the creation process of an optimal environment for teaching and research;
- Increase the role of the institution at the national, regional and international level in field of medicine;
- to contribute in creating a community based on education
- Teaching quality. Development of educational programs and increase of integration quality.
- Research quality. Development of the university scientific environment through intellectual and material resources.
- Quality of human resources. Promote professional growth of existing academic staff; Attract new resources
- Quality of leadership and management. Continuous improvement of leadership, management and administration.
- Collaboration. Maintaining and enhancing cooperation at national, European and international levels.
- Effective use of financial resources. Improving the quality of Medical Doctor’s, purpose and rationality of directing financial resources.
- Infrastructure and environment. Improvement of the university academic environment; Development of educational, scientific, informational base.
- Students involvement / participation. Facilitate direct involvement of students in the life of the institution and their active participation.
- Internationalization of experience. Supporting involvement in international cultural dialogue.
- Public relations. Service for people by increasing quality of life, cultural strength and intellectual capital.
- Establishing positions on national and international level. Obtain reputation of a high quality university at national and international level.
- Culture f Quality. Development of culture of quality should become the main goal: Expansion of quality assurance procedures, including in connection with formal strategic planning process of the higher education institution.